Literacy Intervention Mentor
Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Salary: Scale 5 Point 12 - 17 (£24,496 - £26,845 Full time) - 19,820.99 - £21,721.69 (actual salary)
Location: WERNETH SCHOOL, HARRYTOWN, BREDBURY, STOCKPORT, SK6 3BX
Hours: 35 hours per week, term time only
From: 1st September 2023
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: Monday 5th June 2023 at 9.00am
Interviews: Date to be confirmed
Education Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
We wish to appoint a confident practitioner to provide 1-2-1 and small group tuition, primarily for students in Key Stage 3. The successful candidate will become a full-time member of the English department, and should be passionate about English and literacy and will possess a desire to work with students of a broad range of abilities.
The role is based on providing support and intervention to students in small groups to guide them in making sustained progress in their English studies by closing the gaps in their literacy knowledge. Working alongside colleagues, and using an extensive range of programmes, the successful candidate will be involved in the identifying of weakness and subsequent planning and delivery of intervention. Experience of supporting students with barriers to learning and would be an advantage.
Werneth School is an 11-16 comprehensive school in Stockport with over 1100 students of all abilities: we serve a wide range of student backgrounds and a supportive community. Housed in a purpose-built new building (opened November 2017) with new resources and interactive boards in every classroom, the school has been through a rapid period of change. Student numbers are increasing year-on-year and academic performance is improving. The school benefits from an exciting partnership with the Manchester United Foundation to raise aspiration in our students.
The school has now joined the Education Learning Trust based at Gatley Primary School, converting to academy status in January 2021. We are already benefiting from the collaborative work of a family of 5 schools, including another secondary school.
Our offer to you ….
- A vibrant and supportive staff body who are proud of their school
- A comprehensive mix of students
- A welcoming school environment with excellent new resources and facilities.
- A focus across the school on developing a new, dynamic curriculum.
- Excellent CPD and support
- A headteacher and SLT who are committed to continual improvement, innovation and creative thinking. SLT are supported by enthusiastic and able leaders at all levels.
- A school with an ethos of inclusion and a commitment to know our children well
- A school with stable student numbers
- A school with a purpose-built new (November 2017) building and resources
- A supportive Multi Academy Trust with a firm focus on collaborative learning, supporting school development and sharing good practice across schools in the Trust.
Further details and an application form are also available from the school website.
You can also speak to Mrs Catherine Humphreys (Head’s PA) on 0161 494 1222 extension 1022 should you require any further information.
Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com
Closing Date: 5 June 2023, 9.00am