Midday Assistant required.
Salary Scale 1 point 3
Monday to Friday, Term Time only, 7.5 hours per week.
Start date: ASAP. Based at Meadowbank Primary School, Cheadle
We are seeking to appoint an efficient and self-motivated Midday Assistant.
To be responsible to the Mid-day Supervisor under the overall authority of the Headteacher, for the supervision of pupils during the lunch break.
Candidates will be friendly and, ideally, experienced (but not necessary) to join our happy team at Meadowbank Primary School. They will need to be flexible in their approach and show a caring attitude to all our children.
They will be responsible for all the usual lunchtime duties (see below), be able to deal calmly with any problems which may arise and help the children to develop socially. Working with school leaders and children to create the best lunchtime provision possible for children.
1. Supervision/playing games with children in playgrounds or classrooms in wet weather.
2. To assist in the development of good table manners.
3. Ensure that children in the dining area are behaving in an orderly fashion by productive and fun engagement.
4. Supervision of corridor area, toilets etc.
5. To assist generally with occurrences arising until school recommences for the afternoon session i.e. basic first aid in accident cases, sickness etc.
We can offer you:
- A friendly, supportive and committed team of staff and governors
- A forward thinking and creative Trust of 5 schools
- An inclusive Teaching School where the learning of both children and staff are valued
These schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant’s appointment will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment clearances including a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Please see the job description and application form for further details surrounding the role. Please send completed application forms to email@example.com
Please view our school website and school Twitter page. This should give you a flavour of what it is like being part of our fantastic school community.
Closing Date: 31 May 2023, 11.30am