We aim to develop a love of music by offering first hand experiences. All children in Key Stage 2 have the opportunity to learn a brass or string instrument, the school also has a choir, recorder group and brass band.
The objectives of teaching music in our school are to enable children to:
- know and understand how sounds are made and then organised into musical structures
- know how music is made through a variety of instruments
- know how music is composed and written down
- know how music is influenced by the time, place and purpose for which it was written
- develop the interrelated skills of performing, composing and appreciating music
- have the opportunity to learn an instrument, use technology appropriately and learn to sing