Meadowbank Governors have many responsibilities and kindly volunteer their time and experience for the good of the school community.
The Meadowbank Academy Governing Board has three core functions and is responsible for:
- ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- to support and challenge the systems within the school to ensure the performance of the school remains at its highest level;
- overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
To ensure effective governance, the following have been put in place:
- the appointment of individuals with the necessary skills, and diversity of perspectives;
- an effective chair and an explicit governor code of conduct;
- clear governance structures with tightly defined remits;
- clear separation, but a positive relationship, between the role of the board and its school leaders;
- the support and advice of an independent and professional clerk;
- robust processes for finance, business planning and compliance;
- processes for regular self-evaluation, review and improvement.
Constitution; 10 Governors (1 Staff, 7 Co-opted, 1 Parent)
The Chair of Governors can be contacted by post;
FOA: Mrs Lynsey Galley
C/O Meadowbank Primary School, Councillor Lane, Cheadle, Cheshire SK8 2LE
|Business Interests Declared 2023-2024
|Chair of Governors
|Governor at The Kingsway School.
|Inclusion & Safeguarding Governor
|Early Years Foundation Stage Governor
|Flourish and Inspire Wider Curriculum Governor
|Health and Safety Governor
Governors who have served in the past 12 months:
Academy Governing Board Meeting dates 2023-2024
Wednesday 5th October 2023
Wednesday 15th November 2023
Wednesday 7th February 2024
Wednesday 6th March 2024
Wednesday 15th May 2024
Wednesday 3rd July 2024
Dates are added to the school diary in advance to support school and Governors in planning busy calendars. Times and days of the week are planned to enable relevant school staff members to attend and meet with Governors.