Meadowbank Governors have many responsibilities and kindly volunteer their time and experience for the good of the school community.
The Meadowbank Academy Governing Board has three core functions and is responsible for:
- ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- to support and challenge the systems within the school to ensure the performance of the school remains at its highest level;
- overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
To ensure effective governance, the following have been put in place:
- the appointment of individuals with the necessary skills, and diversity of perspectives;
- an effective chair and an explicit governor code of conduct;
- clear governance structures with tightly defined remits;
- clear separation, but a positive relationship, between the role of the board and its school leaders;
- the support and advice of an independent and professional clerk;
- robust processes for finance, business planning and compliance;
- processes for regular self-evaluation, review and improvement.
Constitution; 11 Governors (1 Staff, 8 Co-opted, 2 Parents)
The Chair of Governors can be contacted by post;
FOA: Mrs Lynsey Galley
C/O Meadowbank Primary School, Councillor Lane, Cheadle, Cheshire SK8 2LE
|Name||Appointment Term||Governor Type||Governor Role||Business Interests Declared 2019-2020||Leaving Date|
|Lynsey Galley||26.04.16-25.04.20||Co-Opted Governor||Chair of Governors||
Trustee at the Education Learning Trust.
Married to member of staff at Meadowbank Primary.
|Janine Appleton||ex officio||Co-opted Governor||Headteacher||Governor at The Kingsway School and Westmorland Primary School.|
|Sally Jarvis||09.02.19-08.02.23||Co-Opted Governor||Inclusion & Safeguarding Governor||None|
|Chloe Trebble||07.10.19-06.10.23||Co-Opted Governor||Progress Governor||
Member of staff at Oasis Community Learning
Trustee at Catalyst Community Trust
|Matthew Kemp||09.02.19-08.02.23||Co-Opted Governor||Finance Governor||None|
|Mike Newman||11.05.19- 10.05.23||Co-Opted Governor||Community Governor||Chair of St. Cuthberts Old School Nursery|
|Grace Okyere-Fosu||07.10.19- 06.10.23||Co-Opted Governor||Inclusion & SEND Governor||None|
|Victoria Doyle||07.10.19- 06.10.23||Parent||
Governor at St Luke's RC Primary School, Salford.
Member of staff at Cardinal Langley RC High School, Middleton
|Kellie Carrington||11.05.19- 10.05.23||Staff||Governor Development||None|
|David Cowhig||11.05.19-10.05.23||Co-Opted Governor||Vice Chair and EYFS Governor||Married to member of staff at Meadowbank Primary||22.10.19|
Governors who have served in the past 12 months:
Ian Kennedy from 06.10.17 to 12.10.20
Academy Governing Board Meeting dates 2020/21
Dates are added to the school diary in advance to support school and Governors in planning busy calendars. Times and days of the week are planned to enable relevant school staff members to attend and meet with Governors.
Attendance at Academy Governing Board Meetings 2020/21