The children of Meadowbank wear a school uniform. This helps to give them a corporate identity and a pride about our school and avoids individual comparisons between children regarding the way they dress for school. We feel that wearing the uniform is important and we rely on support from families to encourage their child to be proud of their appearance. Uniform can be bought online from http://www.monkhouse.com/ alternatively telephone orders will be available at customer services on 0161 476 7216. We do not hold any stock in school.
- Royal blue sweatshirt, jumper or cardigan. Sweatshirts should not have hoods.
- Navy blue trousers, skirt or pinafore dress
- White polo shirt or shirt
- Black shoes (no trainers or boots)
- Year 6 wear a school tie and shirt. Ties are available from the school office.
In the summer girls may wear a blue and white checked dress and boys may wear navy blue shorts. These should not be P.E. shorts.
Sweatshirts and polo shirts, with the school logo, can be bought from F.R. Monkhouse.
For Monkhouse size guides please follow the link http://www.monkhouse.com/pg/15/Size-guide
All children should change into their P.E. kit for P.E. lessons for health and safety reasons. Our P.E. kit comprises:
- Royal blue shorts
- White t-shirt (not vest top or crop top)
- Trainers (children do not need plimsolls)
- Black or grey jogging bottoms for outdoor PE
Our P.E. kit is available from F. R. Monkhouse. We encourage children to have a special key ring on their bag so that it is easily identifiable amongst all the other bags.
P.E. kit should be worn for after school sports clubs.
All P.E. kit should be free from any form of logo or brand name, apart from the school logo.
All P.E. kit should be clearly labelled with the child's name.