A Meadowbank parent volunteer said;
“It’s always fun running and taking part in Friends of Meadowbank activities in school, seeing the enjoyment of all the children. School staff are always welcoming and appreciative.”
Who are Friends of Meadowbank?
We are a friendly, informal group of parents, carers and staff who organise fund-raising events during the school year. We meet each term, at times to suit most volunteers. Meetings are advertised in the school newsletter and on line.
What are funds used for?
The money raised helps pay for many additional activities and resources for the children, including:
- Christmas parties
- Subsidising school trips
- FS/KS1 playground seating and storage sheds
- KS1 in-school visits from the Planetarium and Crocodile Joe
- New football goals and team kit
Previously, funds have helped with items such as educational apps for tablets, the sensory maze and library resources, benefiting children across the school and enriching their experience of school.
What do we do?
We raise money through a variety of fun events for pupils and families, some within the school day and some outside of it. These have included:
- Summer Fair and Barbecue
- Christmas Fair with Santa’s Grotto
- Sponsored events such as the very popular Bounce-a-thon
- Bingo nights for all the family
- Children’s Discos
- Children’s personalised school year calendars
- Second hand uniform sales
What can I do?
We rely on the support and help of volunteers and parents to put these events on. New members of the group are always welcome.
Additionally we recognize and appreciate all manner of help, great or small!
Examples of the kinds of help we need:
- Baking a cake for a school fair
- Donating tombola or raffle items
- Providing sponsorship
- Helping to run a stall at a school fair for half an hour or more
- Helping to set up and clearing away on the day of events
- Helping with tasks in the planning and preparation of events
If you would like to get involved or can offer help of some kind, please give the school office staff your details.
Tel: 0161 428 6286 or email email@example.com.
You can even help raise money from the comfort of your own home by the click of a button by using the Easy Fundraising website when you shop online!
When you shop online, go via https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk, register Meadowbank Primary School, Cheadle as your good cause and we get a donation! It all adds up.
Do you work for a company with a match-funding scheme? If so we would love to hear from you! This means any money raised for Friends of Meadowbank by an employee is essentially doubled (or matched) by the company!
For a few years, we have been lucky enough to have some of our school fair takings matched by Barclays. We’d love to find more people who could be match-funded; please let us know if you think you could help.